Discussion forum

Month of Rajab (Birth of Imam Mohammad al-Baqir (PBUH))!

Month of Rajab (Birth of Imam Mohammad al-Baqir (PBUH))!

by Track of Light -
Number of replies: 3

بسم الله الرحمن الرحیم

Congratulations on the arrival of the Holy Month of Rajab!

The Holy Prophet of Allah [PBUH] said, "The month of Rajab is the month of Allah [swt], Sha'baan is my month, and Ramadhan is the month of my people. Therefore, if anyone observes fasting on one day of this month he will be seeking the pleasure of Allah [swt]..."

IMPORTANT DATES IN RAJAB
1st - Birthday of Imam Mohammad Al-Baqir (PBUH)
3rd - Martyrdom of Imam Ali Al-Naqi Al-Hadi (PBUH)
10th - Birthday of Imam Mohammad Al-Taqi Al-Jawad (PBUH)
13th - Birthday of Amirul Momineen Ali Ibn Abi Talib (PBUH)
14th - Birthday of Prophet Abraham (PBUH) (according to another source 1st Zhul Hajjah)
15th - Wafat of Lady Zaynab (PBUH) (according to another source 14th Rajab, 16th Zhul Hajjah)
25th - Martyrdom of Imam Musa Al-Kazim (PBUH)
26th - Night of Me'raaj & Ba'tha of Prophet Mohammad [s]
28th - Imam Hussain ibn Ali (PBUH) leaves Medina for Karbala

First of Rajab is the Birthday anniversary of our 5th Imam, our kind Imam,
Hazrat Imam Mohammad Baqir (PBUH).
Quran and Etrat Internet University congratulates this day to all Muslims and especially you dear friend.
Here are two sayings from our Great Imam that we can all learn from InShaAllah:

• "[Our Shias] are like strong fortress, their chests are trustworthy, they are men of prudence and self-control, they are not extravagant, they are neither oppressors nor ostentatious, they are devoted worshippers at night and brave like lions during the day." (Mishkat al-Anwar)

• "The servant who loves us, Allah will raise him from the dead with us. Religion is nothing except love (for us). Surely, Allah, the Blessed and Exalted, said in His Book: 'Say: If you love Allah, then follow me, Allah will love you and forgive you your sins.'" (Uyun al-Akhbar wa Funun al-Atha)

We pray that on this great day we are given increasing tawfeeq to follow the Holy Ahulbayt (PBUT) closely so that we may be of their 'Shia' and are able to attain Allah's (swt) forgiveness.

Link to the Portal: http://portal.etrat.net/

Quran and Etrat Extracurricular Team

In reply to Track of Light

Re: Month of Rajab (Birth of Imam Mohammad al-Baqir (PBUH))!

by Ali Rizvi -

Salaamun Alykum,

Wishing you all Felicitations on this auspicious month, let us all try as much as possible to develop our spirituality.

Imām Ja'far ibn Muhammad al-Sādiq (a.s.) said:

"Nuh (a.s.) boarded his ark on the first of Rajab and ordered his companions to fast on that day. He said that Hell goes away to a distance of one year from one who fasts on this day. One who fasts for seven days all the seven doors of Hell would be closed for him. One who fasts for eight days all eight doors of Paradise would be opened for him. One who fasts for fifteen days would have his problems solved. One who fasts for more than this Allāh, the Mighty and Sublime would grant him a greater reward.”

[Reference:  Sawaabul A’amaal, page no. 84]

In reply to Ali Rizvi

by Ali Rizvi -

Du'a of the 12th Imam (a.s.) for the month of Rajab:

Concerning this du'a 'Allamah Jawaad al Mulki al Tabreezi (alayh rahmah)  says that it is a du'a that by it many doors of knowledge are opened for those that are worthy.Shaykh al-Tusi has related that this noble writing came out of the  Sacred Precinct on the hand of that great Shaykh,
Abu Ja'far Muhammad ibn Uthmaan ibn Sa'id -  may God be pleased with him. Recite it on each day of the month of Rajab.

In His name

O God, I ask Thee by the meaning of all that by which Thou art called upon by those who govern with Thy authority: those who are entrusted with Thy mystery, welcome Thy command, extol Thy power, and proclaim Thy majesty.
I ask Thee by Thy will which speaks within them, for Thou hast appointed them mines for Thy words, and pillars of the profession of Thy Unity, Thy signs and Thy stations, which are never interrupted in any place. Through
them knows he who knows Thee. There is no difference between Thee and them, save that they are Thy servants and Thy creation, their doing and undoing is in Thy hand, their origin is from Thee and their return is to Thee. They are aides, witnesses, testers, defenders, protectors and searchers.....

http://www.duas.org/12imamdua.htm,  

In reply to Ali Rizvi

by Track of Light -

بسم الله الرحمن الرحیم

Prayer on the Night of Rewards

The a'malof Layla-tur-Raghaa'ib, the Night of Wishes or Rewards, takes place on the first Thursday night of Rajab.

According to some traditions, the benefits of the a'mal will come to the rescue on the first night in the grave. Making an appearance in a beautiful form, the reward of the a'mal will greet, "My dear one, glad tidings that you have found salvation from every hardship and horror [of the grave]!" The appearance of the reward will be so pleasing and relieving that the deceased will ask, "Who are you? Indeed, I have never seen a face better than yours; nor have I heard words sweeter than the words from your tongue; nor have I smelled a perfume more refreshing than from you!" The entity will then reply, "I am the reward of the prayer that you offered on Friday night in Rajab in [this year] at [this location]. I am now here so as to settle your right, to entertain you in your loneliness, and to save you from this cheerless situation. When the Trumpet shall be blown, I will cast a shadow over your head in the Court of Resurrection. So be happy for you shall never be deprived of goodness." (Iqbal al-Aa'mal)

Once again, we are given such a generous opportunity by the Most Merciful to return to Him!

After fasting on the first Thursday of Rajab, the a'mal takes place between Maghrib and Isha prayers. 12 rak'ats are to be performed in sets of two. The specific method of what to recite in and after the 12 rak'ats can be found here. After those recitations, any personal prayers can be made to the Almighty.

Prophet Muhammad has also said: "It is most important, however, that none of you should neglect the first Thursday night in Rajab, for it is the night that the angels call the Night of Wishes. This is because, by the time the first third of the night has elapsed, there will not be a single angel still at large in the heavens, nor in any region of the earth bar one. They will all be gathered together in the Ka'ba and the area immediately surrounding it. Allah will condescend to notice that they have assembled there, and He will say: 'My angels, ask Me for whatever you wish!' Their response to this will be: 'Our Lord, the request we wish to make is that You grant forgiveness to those who faithfully keep the fast in Rajab,' whereupon Allah will tell them: 'That I have already done!'"

It is apparent that these prayers are highly beneficial when recited on the first Thursday of Rajab; however, yet another example of His mercy is that we can do this exercise on other days as well!

Preparing for What is to Come

The Holy Prophet said: "Verily, the month of Rajab is the Great Month of Allah. No other month can be as sacred and as virtuous as this month…Therefore, if one observes fasting on one day of this month, he will bindingly win the grand pleasure of Almighty Allah and will be taken away from the displeasure of Almighty Allah, and the gates of hellfire will be closed in his face."

Rajab and Sha'ban serve as spiritual preparatory months before Ramadan. Just as we ready ourselves before going to visit someone, we are preparing ourselves for when we will be the guests of Allah during the month of fasting. By spending our time worshiping Him and disassociating ourselves from whatever we have gotten caught up in, we strengthen our focus on Him.

Our intention is crucial when it comes to the acceptance of our deeds. When doing all of these prayers and reciting these invocations, we must remember why we are doing it: not necessarily for the rewards promised to us, but for attaining nearness to our Lord. He has given us Rajab as a most beautiful gift – let's not let it come and go without receiving His blessings in this special month.

www.shafaqna.com/English