Discussion forum

Martyrdom of Lady of Ladies, Hazrat Fatima (PBUH)

by Track of Light -
Number of replies: 0

The love of the Holy Prophet (P.B.U.H.) for his one and only beloved daughter was unprecedented. At a time when ignorant Arabs considered a female child as source of disgrace and a burden upon her family - the Messenger of Allah (SWT) accorded her with highest degree of respect and showered his undying love over her...

Martyrdom of Lady of Ladies, Hazrat Fatima (s.a)

The Holy Prophet and Lady Fatima (P.B.U.H.):

The following traditions are reported from the Holy Prophet (P.B.U.H.) regarding Fatima (P.B.U.H.):

"Fatima is part of me, whoever annoys her, annoys me". (Al-Bukhari)
"Fatima is part of me, whoever offends her, offends me". (Al-Tirmidhi)

The love of the Holy Prophet (P.B.U.H.) for his one and only beloved daughter was unprecedented. At a time when ignorant Arabs considered a female child as source of disgrace and a burden upon her family - the Messenger of Allah (SWT) accorded her with highest degree of respect and showered his undying love over her. ‘Aayesha, the wife of the Holy Prophet (P.B.U.H.) has been reported saying: "Never have I seen any one resembling the Messenger of Allah (P.B.U.H.) in his way of standing and sitting more than Fatima- may Allah grant her more honour. When she came in to see him, he would rise to his feet, take her hand, kiss her and seat her where he was seated..." (Fadhail al-Khamsah)

Imam Ja'ffar al-Sadiq (P.B.U.H.) has reported that Fatima (P.B.U.H.) had said, "When the verse: ‘Do not make the addressing of the Messenger among you like your addressing one another' was revealed, I feared to call the Messenger of Allah: ‘Father'; So I began calling him Messenger of Allah. He (P.B.U.H.) ignored me two or three times, and finally said, ‘Fatima! This verse was not revealed for you or your family, nor does it include your progeny...Call me Father; It is surely better for the heart and more satisfying for your Lord'."

A Quiet Funeral
In the darkness of the jet-black night, when eyes were asleep and voices were silent, a Heavenly procession left Imam Ali (AS)'s house while carrying the Messenger of Allah (SAWW)'s daughter (AS) to her final abode. This was on the night of the third of Jamadi Al-Thani, 11 A.H. The heartbreaking procession moved towards an unknown location followed by a small number of devoted ones...

They were Ali (AS), Hasan (AS), Hussain (AS), Zainab (AS) and Umm Kulthum (AS)... Abu Dhar, Ammar, Miqdad, and Salman were following them. Where are the thousands who inhabited Medina?! One asks, and the answer came: Fatima (AS) made will that they may not be present at her funeral! The family and their friends hurry to bury Fatima (AS)... then they rush back to their own homes so that no one would know where Fatima (AS) was buried! In such a matter, the first star from Ahlul-Bayt set after the sun (the Prophet) and left everyone with the only light of Imamate!

Failing Attempts
At sunrise people gathered to participate in Hazrat Fatima (AS)'s funeral, but they were informed that the darling of Allah's Messenger (SAWW) had been secretly buried during the night. Meanwhile, Ali (AS) made the shapes of four fresh graves in Baqi' so as to conceal the location where Hazrat Fatima (AS) was buried. When the people entered the graveyard, they were confused as to which spot was actually Lady Fatima Zahra (AS)'s grave; the people turned towards each other and with feeling of guilt said: "Our Prophet (SAWW) has not left behind but one daughter, yet she has died and was buried without our participation in the funeral or the prayer rituals. We do not even realize the place where she has been buried!" Noticing that a revolt might be ignited because of the emotional atmosphere that event created, the governing party announced: "Select a group of Muslim women and ask them to dig these graves so that we may find Fatima (AS) and perform prayers on her. "

Yes! They attempted to execute the plan, violating Hazrat Fatima (AS)'s will and causing Imam Ali's (AS) attempts to hide the grave to lay vainly. Have they forgotten Ali (AS)'s sharp sword and his well-known courage! Did they really think that Imam Ali (AS) would remain indifferent to their outrageous actions up to the point of letting them dig Fatima (AS)'s grave?!

Imam Ali (AS) did not fight back after the Holy Prophet's (SAWW) demise because he considered the Muslim's unity and overall interests. Yet, this did not mean that he would ignore their villainous crimes against Hazrat Fatima(AS) even after her death. In other words, Imam Ali (AS) was asked by the Holy Prophet (SAWW) to have patience, but only to a certain extent; when Imam Ali (AS) received the news of the about to be executed plot, he put on his fighting gear and rushed towards Baqi'.

A man from among the people called out: "This is Ali Ibn Abu Talib (AS) leveling his sword and saying: 'If anyone moves even a more stone from these graves, I shall strike even the "back of the last follower of the unjust.' People who realized Imam Ali (AS)'s seriousness, took his threats with complete belief that he would do just as he said if anyone were to appose him. Yet, a man from the governing ones addressed Imam Ali (AS) by saying: "What is the matter, Abu Al-Hasan?! By Allah, we shall dig her grave out and perform prayers on her. "Imam Ali (AS) then grabbed the man by his clothes, shook him and threw him to the ground and said: "Son of the Sawada! I have abandoned my right to prevent people from forsaking their faith, but as regards Fatima (AS)'s grave, by Him in whose hand is my soul, if you and your followers attempt to do anything to it, I will irrigate the ground with your blood!" At this, Abu Bakr said: "Abu Al-Hassan, I ask you by the right of Allah's Messenger, and by Him Who is above the Throne: leave him alone and we will not do anything which you would not approve of..." Thus, until this day, the location of Hazrat Fatima Zahra (AS)'s grave remains a secret.

Ziyarah of Hazrat Fatima Zahra (P.B.U.H.)

اَللَّهُمَّ صَلِّ عَلَى الصِّدِّيقَةِ فَاطِمَةَ الزَّكِيَّة ِحَبِيبَةِ حَبِيبِكَ وَ نَبِيِّكَ‏ وَ أُمِّ أَحِبَّائِكَ وَ أَصْفِيَائِكَ الَّتِي انْتَجَبْتَهَا وَ فَضَّلْتَهَا وَ اخْتَرْتَهَا عَلَى نِسَاءِ الْعَالَمِينَ‏. اللَّهُمَّ كُنِ الطَّالِبَ لَهَا مِمَّنْ ظَلَمَهَا وَ اسْتَخَفَّ بِحَقِّهَا وَ كُنِ الثَّائِرَ اللَّهُمَّ بِدَمِ أَوْلاَدِهَا ,اللَّهُمَّ وَ كَمَا جَعَلْتَهَا أُمَّ الْأَئِمَّةِ الْهُدَى وَ حَلِيلَةَ صَاحِبِ اللِّوَاءِ وَ الْكَرِيمَةَ عِنْدَ الْمَلَإِ الْأَعْلَى‏ فَصَلِّ عَلَيْهَا وَ عَلَى أُمِّهَا صَلاَةً تُكْرِمُ بِهَا وَجْهَ مُحَمَّدٍ (أَبِيهَا) صَلَّى اللَّهُ عَلَيْهِ وَ آلِهِ‏ وَ تُقِرُّبِهَا أَعْيُنَ ذُرِّيَّتِهَا وَ أَبْلِغْهُمْ عَنِّي فِي هَذِهِ السَّاعَةِ أَفْضَلَ التَّحِيَّةِ وَ السَّلاَم.

O Allah send blessings on the truthful Fatima, the pure, the dearest darling of Thy most beloved friend, Thy prophet, the mother of Thy friends and close supporters, whom Thou chose, favored and gave preference over all the women of the worlds.

O Allah call to account those who wronged her and made light of her rights, and take revenge from those who killed her children, O Allah, in the same manner as Thou chose her to be the mother of the Imams of guidance, the associate of the standard-bearer on the Day of judgment, and gave her the loftiest position in the highest heaven, so, send blessings on her and on her mother, blessings that brighten the face of her father, Mohammad, blessings of Allah be on him and on his children, which give joy and delight to her children, and convey my heartfelt salutations and greetings to them just now.

Farewell Ziyarah of Hazrat Fatima Zahra (P.B.U.H.)
Peace be on you, and mercy and blessings of Allah be on you. I approach Allah through you, I beg you to take care of me, I salute you, We believe in Allah and His Messenger, and in that which he brought from Him, in that unto which he invited, in that unto which he guided. So, include us among the testifiers,O Allah, and let not my this visitation be the last, because Thou had given me the opportunity to come here before this, therefore, I shall bear witness, in the hour of my death to that which I testify in my lifetime,That, verily, Ali is the commander of the faithful, Hassan and Hossain, Ali Ibn Hossain, Muhammad bin Ali,Ja'far bin Muhammad, Mosa Ibn Ja'far, Ali bin Mosa, Muhammad bin Ali, Ali bin Muhammad,Hassan bin Ali, and Hujjat Ibn Hassan, ( Thy blessings be on them all ) , are my Imams; that those who fought against them and killed them were polytheists, and those who abandoned them are now in the lowest tiers of the burning fire; that those who oppose them are our enemies, we cut off all links with them, they belong to the party of Shaytan (the devil), and those who killed them are condemned and damned by Allah, the Angels, and all human beings, included among them are those who entered into partnership with them, and conspired together to kill (our) Imams.

O Allah I beseech Thee after adoration and salutation, to send blessings on Muhammad, Ali, Fatima, Hassan, Hossain,Ali, Muhammad, Ja'far, Mosa, Ali, Mohammad, Ali, Hassan and the Hujjat, let not my this visitation be the last, and if Thou does so, raise me on the Day of Judgment along with them who are my declared Imams.O Allah let us, from the bottom of our hearts, yield to them, with obedience, sincerity, love, dedication and resignation.

source: erfan.ir