Discussion forum

The Holy & Spiritual Month of Ramadhan

The Holy & Spiritual Month of Ramadhan

Track of Lightdən -
Number of replies: 9

In the Name of God
Peace be upon Mohammad and his progeny

Dear all Assalamu-Alaikum and Greetings!

To prepare for the Holy & Spiritual Month of Ramadhan:

http://portal.etrat.net/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=529:prepare-for-the-holy-a-spiritual-month-of-ramadhan&catid=104:ramezan&Itemid=142

The Sermon Given By the Holy Prophet (P.B.U.H.& H.P.) On The Last Friday of Shaban on the Reception Of The Month of Ramadhan:

http://portal.etrat.net/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=176:the-sermon-given-by-the-holy-prophet-pbuh-on-the-last-friday-of-shaban-on-the-reception-of-the-month-of-ramadhan&catid=104:ramezan&Itemid=142

Extracurricular Team of Quran and Etrat Internet University!

With Duas!

In reply to Track of Light

Re: The Holy & Spiritual Month of Ramadhan

Track of Lightdən -

In His Name, The Most Gracious, The Most Merciful
Ramadhan Month Mubarak!

Imam Sajjad (Peace be upon Him) Welcomes the month of Ramadhan.
Praise be to Allah, who ordained this month, the month of Ramadhan, the month of fasting, the month of Islam, the month of purity, the month of purification, and the month of prayers. In this month the Qur'an was made to descend as a guidance to mankind and contains clear instructions and distinctions. He gave this month superiority over all other months by giving it abundant honor and dignity. He prohibited in it what He has allowed in other months in order to exalt it, and forbade in it food and drink in order to honor it.
O Lord! Bless Mohammad and his family, and inspire us to know this month's excellence, and to honor its dignity, and to abstain from whatever You have forbidden in it. Help us to observe its fast, by restraining our limbs from disobeying You, and by employing them in that which would please You, so that we may not lend our ears to any vain speech, and may not direct our eyes, hands and feet towards anything forbidden, and that nothings fills our stomachs except what You have made lawful, and our tongues may not utter anything except what You have allowed.
O Lord! Bless Mohammad and his family, and give us grace to perform timely the five prayers with due regard to their limits which You have enjoined, and the rites which You have prescribed. In this respect, raise us to the rank of those who performed them with success, who duly observed their essential points, who always performed them at proper times, in most perfect and complete humility according to the rules laid down by Your Prophet, may You blessings be on him and his family.
And our Lord, give us grace in this month, to show favors to our relations, and do good to them, and to take care of our neighbors and do good to them, to take care of our neighbors with kindness and benevolence, to purge our property of obligations, and purify it by giving charity, and to call back those who have left us, and be just to those who were unjust to us, and make pace with those who were hostile to us.
O Lord! Erase our sins with the disappearance of this month's crescent, and free us from our penalties with the completion of its days, so that the month may pass from us while You have cleansed us of our guilts, and freed us from our sins. O Lord! Fill this month with our worship of you alone, and adorn its moments with our service to You, and help us in the daytime to observe the fast, and at night to pray and beseech You, help us to humble ourselves before you and lower ourselves in Your presence.

Dear Sisters and Brothers;

Please accept our congratulation on befalling the Ramadan Month.

For more information about this holy month, duas, ritual activities and... please refer to http://portal.etrat.net

Quran and Etrat Internet University - Extracurricular Team

Track of Lightdən -

The Great Month

قال رسول الله صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم :

{إنَّ شَهْرَ رَمَضَانَ شَهْرٌ عَظِيمٌ يُضَاعِفُ اللهُ فِيهِ الحَسَنَاتِ ويَمْحُو فِيهِ السَّيِّئاتِ وَيَرْفَعُ الدَّرَجَاتِ}

The Holy Prophet (peace be upon him and his progeny) said:

Surely, the month of Ramadhan is a great month. Allah, multiplies in it the good deeds, erases in it the sins and elevates in it the ranks.

Wasail aI-Shia'h, Vol.: 10, Pg.: 312

source: shiachat.com

Track of Lightdən -

Paradise covets one who fasts

قال رسول الله صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم :

{إنَّ الْجَنَّةَ مُشْتَاقَةٌ إلى أرْبَعَةِ نَفَر إلى مُطْعِمٍ الجَيعانِ وَحَافِظِ اللِّسَانِ وَ تَالِي الْقُرآنِ وَ صَائِم شَهْر رَمَضَانَ}

The Holy Prophet (peace be upon him and his progeny) said:

The paradise is desirous for four persons:

1. One, who feeds the hungry.

2. One, who guards the tongue.

3. One, who recites the Quran.

4. One, who fasts the month of Ramadhan.

Mustadrak al-Wasail, Vol.: 7, Pg.: 400

source: shichat.com

Track of Lightdən -

بسم الله الرحمن الرحیم

Some useful links:

series of lectures by:

shaykh Muhammad Shomali (2011)

http://www.ic-el.com...M%20A%20Shomali

shaykh Ahmad Haneef (2010)

http://www.ic-el.com...0ahmed%20Haneef 

hajj hassanain rajabali

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mR3_gM5eer4

sayed ammar nakshawani

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xY5S2p8JOYY

shaykh hamza sodagar (3 parts)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Os27-C977Mc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fDG4A8rhXf8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=riYE6IS6BgM

shaykh hamza sodagar (3 parts) the first and last part arent showing up as a video for some reason

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bdXS_w6gRZA

[

With Duas!

Re: The Holy & Spiritual Month of Ramadhan :Lady Khadija (sa): The First Believer and Helper of Islam Mother of the Believers (Ummul Momineen)

Track of Lightdən -

Lady Khadija (sa): The First Believer and Helper of Islam Mother of the Believers (Ummul Momineen)

Name - Bibi Khadija
Title - Umm-ul-Momineen
Birth - Makkah
Father's Name - Khawailad Ibn Asad
Mother's Name - Fatima
Death - 10th Ramadhan, two years before Hijra at the age of 65 Years
Buried - at Mecca in Jannat al-Mulla

This noble lady, known to us as Mother of the Believers (Ummul Momineen) and the first wife of our beloved Prophet Muhammad (saw), was the first person ever to accept Islam after it had been revealed to him by Jibreel (Angel Gabriel).

There is a truly beautiful story told by Yahya ibn Afeef about an occasion when he visited Makkah to stay with Abbas ibn Abd al-Muttalib, one of the uncles of Prophet Muhammad (saw).

When the sun started rising, he said, "I saw a man who came out of a place not far from us, faced the Kaaba, and started performing his prayers. He hardly started before being joined by a young boy who stood on his right side, then by a woman who stood behind them. When he bowed down, the young boy and the woman bowed, and when he stood up straight, they, too, did likewise. When he prostrated himself, they, too, prostrated themselves."

Then he expressed his amazement at that, saying to Abbas ibn Abd al-Muttalib, "This is quite strange, Abbas!"

"Is it really?" retorted Abbas ibn Abd al-Muttalib, who asked his guest if he knew who this man was and went on to tell him, "He is Muhammad ibn Abdullah, my nephew. Do you know who the young boy is?"

When Yahya ibn Afeef said that he didn't know, he was told, "He is Ali ibn Abi Talib. Do you know who the woman is?" The answer came again in the negative, to which Abbas ibn Abd al-Muttalib said, "She is Khadijah bint Khuwaylid, my nephew's wife" (Ahmad and At-Tirmidhi).

Lady Khadija (sa) was an "eye-witness" of the birth of Islam. She nursed it through its infancy, through its most difficult, and through its most formative years. Islam was given shape and design in her home. If any home can be called the cradle of Islam, it was her home. She "reared" Islam. If any home can be called the "axis" of Islam, it was her home; Islam revolved around her home. Her home was the "home" of Glorious Qur'an - the Book of Allah (SWT), and the religious and political code of Islam. It was in her home that Jibreel (Angel Gabriel) was bringing Revelations from Heaven for ten years.

Lady Khadija (sa) was one of the greatest women of the world and her rank is as high as the great Mary/Maryam the mother of Prophet Jesus/Isa (pbuh). Prophet Muhammad (saw) says about her: "Four greatest women of the world are: Khadijah bint Khuwaylid, Fatimah bint Muhammad, Mary bint Emran and Asiya bint Muzahim, the wife of Pharaoh."

Khadija tul Kubra (sa), combined in her person all those attribute, which add up to perfection. Malikatul Arab was the ideal woman, the ideal wife for the Seal of Prophets, Prophet Muhammad (saw), and the ideal mother.

As the saying goes "Islam did not rise except through Ali's sword and Khadija's wealth." Let us take a peep into the life of this blessed lady and hope to understand her enormous contribution to Islam.

After the death of her father Khuwaylid, Lady Khadija (sa) took charge of the family business, and as a result, it rapidly expanded. With the profits she made, Lady Khadija (sa) helped the poor, the widows, the orphans, the sick and the disabled. If there were any poor girls, Lady Khadija (sa) married them off, and gave them dowry.

When Prophet Muhammad (saw) married Lady Khadija or Khatija (sa), she brought many dowries into Prophet Muhammad's (saw) house. No woman in all of Arabia has ever done that. Lady Khadija's (sa) dowry included slaves, real estate property, pasture lands, herds of camels and horses, flocks of goats and sheep, her personal wardrobe, priceless heirlooms, precious metals and stones, and masses of gold and silver coins.

Lady Khadija (sa) wanted everything that belonged to her to also belong to her precious and beloved husband, Prophet Muhammad (saw). Lady Khadija's (sa) dowry, as big as it was, was not a gift from her uncles or siblings; rather it was all a product of her own hard work. As a Successful Business Women, she produced it by her own intelligence, industry, prudence, and foresight. After marriage Lady Khadija's (sa) primary focus was to make her husband's life happy and pleasant.

Khadija tul Kubra (sa) so earnestly and with such great love and devotion rested full authority of all her wealth on Prophet Muhammad (saw), to ease the difficulties and release the pressure on new Muslim converts, that Almighty Allah (SWT) brought her great generosity to the attention of Prophet Muhammad (saw) with the descending of the following verse which says: "Did He not find you needy, and enrich you?" (Glorious Qur'an 93:8)

Lady Khadijah (sa), the wife, the companion and the friend of Muhammad Mustafa (saw), the Messenger of Allah (SWT), and the benefactress of Islam and the Muslims, fell ill. Her illness was brief and fatal. All her life she had lived in the midst of abundance and luxury but the three years of exile between 616-619 CE, had been a time of excessive austerity for her which inevitably took its toll.

When Islam came under mounting pressure from its enemies, Lady Khadijah (sa) sacrificed her comforts, her wealth and her home for it; and now it would appear that she sacrificed her life too, in the way of Islam. Without a doubt, if she had lived in her palatial house in Makkah, surrounded by her maid-servants, she might have lived for many more years. But she preferred to stand by her husband and his clan, and to share the hardships of life with them. During the siege, she had to endure not only the pangs of hunger and thirst but also the extremes of heat in summer and cold in winter; yet she never complained to her husband about them. Whether times were good or bad, whether she had plenty or she had nothing, she was always cheerful. Austerity and privation never soured her. It was this temperament that was an unfailing source of comfort, courage and strength for her husband during the blackest and trying moments of his life.

During the years of the siege, Lady Khadijah (sa) spent all her fortune on buying essentials like food and water for the clan of her husband. When she returned to her house, her last cent was gone; and when she died, there was not enough money available in the house to even buy her shroud. A cloak of her husband was used as a shroud for her, and she was given a burial in it.

Lady Khadijah (sa) has collected more "firsts" in the history of nascent Islam than anyone else. She was the first wife of the last messenger of Allah. She was the first woman Believer. She was the very first mortal to declare that the Creator was only One, and that Muhammad (saw) was His Messenger. The glory and honor of being the first woman believer in the whole world, is hers to all eternity.

Next to her husband, she was the very first individual who heard the Voice of Revelation. She was the first person who offered prayers to Allah (SWT) with her husband. Whenever prophet Muhammad (saw) went into the presence of Allah (SWT), she was his constant companion. She was the first Mother of Believers. She was the only wife of Muhammad Mustafa who did not have to co-exist with a co-wife. All the love, all the affection and all the friendship of her husband, were hers and hers alone - exclusively!

Prophet Muhammad (saw) forever remembered Lady Khadija (sa) with love, affection and gratitude. Her death filled his heart with deep pain and sorrow. Lady Khadija (sa) expired on the 10 Ramadhan of the 10th year of the Proclamation of Islam at the age of 65 in 619 CE, and was laid to rest in Al-Hujun, Makkah al-Mukarramah.

Prophet Muhammad (saw) himself dug the grave and descended into her grave to lay in it for a few moments. He (saw) smoothed the earth on her grave after the burial. As in the same year Prophet Muhammad (saw) also had to bear the loss of his affectionate uncle Hazrat Abu Talib (as). The deaths of these two friends - Lady Khadija (sa) and guardian uncle Hazrat Abu Talib (as) - were the greatest shocks that Prophet Muhammad (saw) had to endure in the fifty years of his life, he (saw) named the year "Aam-ul-Huzn" the year of sorrow/grief.

These two deaths were a great blow to Prophet Muhammad (saw) and his mission. Everything looked dark and dismal. Prophet Muhammad (saw) was now without a guardian and Imam Ali (as) without a father. The loss of Khadijah (sa) was also a big loss to both of them. She had given twenty eight years of her life and all that she possessed to Prophet Muhammad (saw) to spend on the cause of Islam, and Imam Ali (as) had lost a mother in whose laps he had grown. Prophet Muhammad (saw) was left alone with Imam Ali (as) and his daughter Fatimah al-Zahra (sa) who was just eight years old.

Lady Khadijah (sa) had a great value in the eyes of Prophet Muhammad (saw) to the extent that he (saw) did not marry a second woman while she was alive. Aisha, one of Prophet Muhammad's (saw) wives, narrates: "The Prophet never left our house unless he reminded well of Khadijah." Aisha also narrates: "Whenever, Prophet Muhammad (saw) slaughtered a lamb he would say: 'Send this to friends of Khadijah.' Once I asked for the reason of this action and he (saw) replied: 'I like friends of Khadijah as well.'"

After Lady Khadija (sa) demise, Prophet Muhammad (saw) regarded her many times as a great woman. Once, years after Lady Khadija (sa) died, Prophet Muhammad (saw) came across a necklace that she once wore. When he saw it, he remembered her and began to cry and mourn. His love for her never died, so much so, that his later wife Aisha became jealous of her. Once she asked the Prophet Muhammad (saw) if Khadijah (sa) had been the only woman worthy of his love. The Prophet Muhammad (saw) replied: "She believed in me when no one else did; she accepted Islam when people rejected me; and she helped and comforted me when there was no one else to lend me a helping hand."

Prophet Muhammad (saw) always remembered Khadija tul Kubra (sa) and moaned, "Never did Allah (SWT) give me a better wife than Khadijah. She hailed my mission at a time when everybody shouted against it. She lent me the support of her conviction when there was hardly a believer. She enlivened my heart when I felt lonely and deserted. Khadijah's love was given to me by Allah (SWT). How could I forget her?"

Prophet Muhammad (saw) at another time remarked his beloved wife Khadijah (sa) as "she believed in me when all others disbelieved; she held me truthful when others called me a liar; she sheltered me when others abandoned me; she comforted me when others shunned me; and Allah (SWT) granted me children by her while depriving me of children by other women." From Khadijah (sa), Prophet Muhammad (saw) got son Qasim. Qasim was born before the advent of Islam and died in his infancy. But the Arabs always addressed Prophet Muhammad (saw) as Abul Qasim.

On another occasion, Aisha said to Prophet Muhammad (saw), when he mentioned Khadija (sa) in her presence: Sahih Bukhari Hadith: Volume 5, Book 58, Number 168:

Narrated Aisha: Once Hala bint Khuwaylid, Khadija's sister, asked the permission of Prophet to enter. On that, the Prophet remembered the way Khadija used to ask permission, and that upset him. He said, "O Allah! Hala!" So I became jealous and said, "What makes you remember an old woman amongst the old women of Quraish an old woman (with a toothless mouth) of red gums who died long ago, and in whose place Allah has given you somebody better than her?"

Prophet Muhammad (saw) became very angry at this until his hair stood. Moreover, al-Bukhari narrated that Aisha confessed: Sahih Bukhari Hadith: Volume 5, Book 58, Number 166:

I did not feel jealous of any of the wives of Prophet as much as I did of Khadija though I did not see her, but the Prophet used to mention her very often, and when ever he slaughtered a sheep, he would cut its parts and send them to the women friends of Khadija. When I sometimes said to him, "(You treat Khadija in such a way) as if there is no woman on earth except Khadija," he would say, "Khadija was such-and-such, and from her I had children."

Considering her high position, it might be easier to realize why she gained the glory of being Prophet's wife and the honor of being mother of Fatimah al-Zahra (sa), the Lady of all women of the worlds.

(Taken from: Islamic Occasions)

Re: The Holy & Spiritual Month of Ramadhan :*Qadr Nights*

N. Rashididən -

Time is of the essence. Every moment counts. Whatever you need to do for the next ten days to make the most in Ibada, good deeds, reciting Quran, dhikr, making dua, etc., rewards are going to be multiplied...

Think of all that you need to ask Allah for and ask Him now. If you haven’t before, this is the time to connect with Him and feel closer to Him. And when you do during these last ten nights and days of this Ramadan, you would want to do this again and again – even after the month is over.

And finally, when you are in a state of prayers and worship, please open your heart for others as well and please do remember your brothers and sisters in your prayers....

Fi AmaneAllah!

In reply to N. Rashidi

Re: The Holy & Spiritual Month of Ramadhan : Eid Night.

Track of Lightdən -

Eid Night: Importance & Performances

EidAlhamdu lillah we fasted, prayed, recited the Holy Qur’an, supplicated and performed many more good deeds during the Holy month of Ramadhan, recognizing its importance. Now it’s time to receive full compensation from the Divine banquet by also considering the greatness of the Night of Eid and trying to perform some of the recommended deeds. May the Almighty increase our tawfiqaat in continuing the good practices we developed during the Holy month!

Holy Prophet (s): "Allah (swt) pours down good (al-khyayr) in abundance on 4 nights: Night of [Eid) al-Adhaa, [Eid] al-Fitr, . . " (Muhammad al-Ray Shahri, Shahrullah fil-kitaab wal-sunnah, p. 495, H. 767 taken from Kanzul ‘ummal, 12, 322, H. 35215)

Imam Ali (a): "If you can preserve [the importance] of Nights of Fitr and Nahr . . . then do so; say a lot of supplications, prayers and recitation of the Qur’an." (Ibid, p. 496, H. 769 taken from Misbah al-tahajjud, p 852 from Harith b. ‘Abdullah)

Imam al-Sadiq (a): "The Night of Fitr is the night of receiving in full the reward of the laborer" (Ibid, H. 770 from al-Hidayah, p. 210)

In al-Fiqh attributed to Imam al-Ridha (a): "Put efforts in spending the Night of Fitr in supplications and keeping awake." (Ibid, H. 771 from Fiqh al-Ridha p. 206)

It is mustahab to perform ghusl on the Night of Eid al-Fitr which includes the physical bath of the body and the [spiritual] bath of purifying hearts from sins. If it is know that it indeed is the Night of the Eid then the ghusl is performed before sunset; and it has also been narrated that the ghusl should be taken at the end of the Night of Eid. (Ibid. H. 772 from al-Iqbaal, 457)

Holy Prophet (s): One who recites two rak‘aat prayer on the Night of Fitr such that in the first rak‘ah he says al-Hamd followed by one thousand times Qul Huwallahu Ahad, and in the second rak‘ah he says al-Hamd followed by Qul Huwallahu Ahad once, then Allah, the Exalted, will grant him what he asks for. (Ibid p. 497, H. 773 from Tahdhib al-ahkam, 3, 71, 228). According to al-Kaafi it was the practice of Amirul Mu’mineen to recite this prayer (a) on the night of Fitr (Ibid, H.774 from al-Kaafi 4, 168, 3).

Imam al-Sadiq (a): He who visits the grave of al-Husayn (a) on three nights, Allah forgives his past and future sins. “Which are these nights,” asked ‘Abdur Rahman b. Hajjaj. The Imam said, “the Night of Fitr, Night of al-adhaa and Night of the Middle of Sha‘baan.” (Ibid. H. 781 from Tahdhib al-ahkam 6, 49, 112). [Translator’s comments: if we recite the ziyaarah al-Husayn from far & we will inshaa Allah be rewarded amply for it.]

Holy Prophet (s): He who keeps awake on the Night of Eid, his heart will not die on the day when the hearts [of others] will die. (Ibid. H. 783 from Tahdhib al-ahkam 6, 51, 119).

Holy Prophet (s): He who keeps awake on the Nights of Two Eids (i.e. al-Fitr & al-Adhaa) expecting reward from Allah (muhtasiban lillah), his heart would not die on the day when hearts [of others] die (Ibid. H. 784 taken from Sunan ibn Maajah 1, 567, 1782).

Source: Hujjat.org

Re: The Holy & Spiritual Month of Ramadhan : Eid Fitr

Track of Lightdən -

In the Name of Allah, the Beneficent, the Merciful 

Quran ( 2:185) (He wants you) to complete the prescribed period, and to glorify Him in that He has guided you; and perchance ye shall be grateful.

So we have passed the majority of the month engaged in fast; we engaged in prayer and obedience to Allah; we came to the mosque to pray; we congregated to meet and now most of those nights have left us, for everything has a defined time and the period, as Allah has stated in the ayat that I opened with, and it therefore concludes with Eid.

The Arabic word "Eid" refers to something habitual, that returns and is repeated, thus stands literally for a recurrent event, so in relation to our Eid, it is a known fact that the 1st of Shawwal will be the day of Eid. It is a day when we are told that Allah's mercy is on us and when we should return to him having repented.

Eid as a term was first discussed by Nabi Isa, he used this word when he was talking to his disciples. We are told in Surah Maida, that the disciples asked Prophet Isa

"Ya Isa ibn maryam - is your lord able to send food for us from the sky?

Nabi Isa knew that this question contained an element of doubt on the power of Allah, his people still doubted the power of Allah, even after he himself had brought forth many miracles to them as proof like curing the leper, so as a warning he admonished them saying "Be in awe of Allah if you are believers

They informed Nabi Isa that they did not have an evil intention except they wanted to eat from the 'Table of food' in order to obtain Noor in their soul and so their hearts would be at rest. I t is here that we see Nabi Isa raises his hands in dua and says :

اللَّهُمَّ رَبَّنَا أَنْزِلْ عَلَيْنَا مَائِدَةً مِنَ السَّمَاءِ تَكُونُ لَنَا عِيدًا لِأَوَّلِنَا وَآخِرِنَا وَآيَةً مِنْكَ ۖ وَارْزُقْنَا وَأَنْتَ خَيْرُ الرَّازِقِينَ

O Allah, Lord of us! Send down for us a table spread with food from heaven, that it may be a feast for us, for the first of us and for the last of us, and a sign from Thee. Give us sustenance, for Thou art the Best of Sustainers. 5:114

Here note what Nabi Isa is asking for, a celebration of Eid not just for his people but for every generation that comes thereafter, this Eid was invoked for as a sign of guidance for his disciples and therefore any day that acts as a guidance for the ummah is a day of Eid.

After fasting for a whole month with Allah's mercy and Blessings in abundance and Inshallah we have many nights of repentance. What now? How are you we going to spend our days and evenings? How are we going to ensure that Allah's mercy still means.

Make 2 lists: 1 for the extra things you did in Ramadhan month and the other a list of things you stopped doing because it WAS Ramadhan month. Can you continue with these actions even after Ramadhan has finished?

On behalf of Quran and Etrat Internet University, we congratulate all Muslims and especially you, dear friend, on the arrival of Eid al-Fitr, the day of returning to Allah (SWT).

Extracurricular Team,

Track of Light!

End of Ramadhan; Eid Al-Fitr

Track of Lightdən -

Dear All;

It is hard to believe that we must once again bid farewell to this blessed month of Ramadan. We ask Allah to accept our fast and forgive our shortcomings.

May He bless us, have mercy on us, guide us to what is best, and bring hope and peace to those in need. May Allah help us retain the lessons learned during Ramadan, so that we may live the rest of the year as we have during this blessed month.

We ask forgivness for our own shortcomings and may Allah guide us all to what is best.

We pray that Allah grant you the best in this world and the hereafter, Ameen.

Regards,

Quran and Etrat Online University

Extracurricular Team